Animation Mentor, Character Animation Program 2018
MFA, Computer Art, School of Visual Arts, 2015
BFA, Film & Animation, School of Visual Arts, 2001
Awards & Exhibitions
Recognition for my animated short Sidewalk (2013):
2013 ASIFA-East Animation Festival (NYC, NY) Winner, Independent film: First Place
2013 Lunafest 2014 Winner (toured in over 100 U.S. cities)
2013 Chicago International Children’s Film Festival (Chicago, IL), Youth Jury Prize, 2nd Prize
2013 Black Maria Film and Video Festival (Jersey City, NJ), Jury’s Citation Award, 2nd Prize
2014 Women and Minorities in Media Fest (Towson, MD), Winner for Best Animation
2014 Pittsburgh Independent Film Festival (Pittsburgh, PA), Winner for Best Animation
2014 Vimeo Staff Pick
2012 “The Rammellzee Galaxseum,” Children’s Museum of the Arts, New York.
2011 “Art in the Streets,” Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles.
2001 The Rhodes Family Award for Outstanding Achievement in Animation.
I’m an award-winning Montreal-based character animator with 18 years of experience working in the film and television industry, and 9 years teaching as a college level animation instructor.
School of Visual Arts September 2006-2015
Faculty on the BFA Film & Animation
Fashion Institute of Technology January 2011-present
Professor in MFA Illustration. Wrote the curriculum for the course, Illustration in Motion.
Parsons New School for Design, January 2007-2009
Adjunct Animation Professor
Animation Director, Jonas & Co, April 2019-June 2019
- Water effects animation director for live action segments for SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout.
Animation Director, Jonas & Co, October 2018-January 2019
- Remote animation director for animated segments for the musical video “Too Close to the Sun” for Ashleigh Flynn & the Riveters.
Mid-Level Animator, MPC Montreal October 2017-March 2018
- Maya animator for 1-3 feature films currently in production
After Effects Animator, Anomaly May 2016-Sept 2016 (5 months)
- After Effects animator on a transmedia ad campaign for Hershey’s Jolly Ranchers.
Flash Animator, Aardman Nathan Love November 2015 – January 2016 (3 months)
- Flash animator for the pharmaceutical commercial, Movantik.
Flash Animator, Thornberg and Forester, August 2015-September 2015 (two weeks)
- Lead animator on TBS station ID, Presidents’ Day Off.
Animation Director, French Press Films (offsite) November 2014-March 2015 ( 5 months)
- Oversaw and animated a four minute corporate video about Netflix founder, Reed Hastings.
- Traditionally animated using Toon Boom software.
Flash Animator, Hornet Inc. (New York City) April 2007 (1 month) August 2013 (1 week)
- Flash animator for the cable television spots entitled SNY Fanmation.
- Flash animator for a series of five animated commercials for Toyota.
Animator, Transistor Studios (New York City) July 2013 (3 weeks)
- 2D animator for a commercial for Redbox.
Animator, StoryCorps (New York City) April-June 2011 (2 months)
- Inbetween animator for the PBS series POV.
Animator, Augenblick Studios (New York City) January-February 2010 (1 month)
- Traditional Flash animator for the Comedy Central television series Ugly Americans.
Digital Animator, Curious Pictures (New York City) September 2007-January 2008 (5 months)
- Flash and After Effects animator for the Playhouse Disney television series Little Einsteins.
Digital Animator, Little Airplane Productions (New York City) January 2005-April 2007 (2 years 4 months)
- After Effects animator for the Nick Jr. television series Wonder Pets.
Flash Layout Artist, MTV (September 2006-January 2007 (5 months)
- Layout artist for the television series Friday: The Animated Series.
Digital Animator, Nick Digital Studio (New York City) July 2001-January 2002 (5 months)
- After Effects animator for the second season of the Nick Jr. television series Little Bill.
Inbetweener, Bill Plympton Studio (New York City) 2000-2003 (3 years)
- Inbetweener, cel cleaner, and exposure sheet checker for the feature film Hair High.
Assistant Animator, Hubbub Inc, (New Jersey) June 2000-August 2000 (3 months)
- Assistant animator to Emily Hubley for the animated segments in the live-action feature Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
Toon Boom Harmony
Final Cut Pro
Instructor for the Following Courses
Flash for Animators
Toon Boom for
Illustration in Motion
Animation Workshop II
Advanced Animation Workshop